Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yesterday Was a Big Day Too

Yesterday, I met with my friend to go over some of my paint color choices.  She had some great ideas and we narrowed down the multitude of colors I had selected for my upstairs.  Somuchfun!

Then Dylan and I went for a walk.  

<>
"I wan go dees way, Mama!"


We followed/splashed through a long puddle to something really cool.

"Take picture of dat now."
Our discovery, the grate, made the most wonderful music.  Dylan spent about 15 minutes kicking chunks of snow into it and watching the water flow down.  I thought to myself, This is so nice.  Why don't we do this more often?  And that thought was quickly followed by, Because two days ago this puddle was a block of ice and it wasn't warm out, that's why. It was literally freezing.  And by warm, I mean it was just above freezing, but oh how five degrees makes such a huge difference!

We walked back home happy to have gotten a healthy dose of Vitamin D.  Then we got ready for the babysitters, because we had Papa's birthday dinner to go to with the big kids.


He's so old his picture is in black and white!

Sharon and Kurt in living color.
The best part of eating at a restaurant.
Sav's being silly.
Ooh!  Special birthday sundae!
Saveia giving Papa the multitude of gifts she and Summer prepared for his big day.
Singing "Happy Birthday" with Jennifer on the phone.

  We finished up the night with a video thanks to the Red Box man.  Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment