Friday, December 9, 2011

Bento

So, in an attempt to liven things up in the lunch category of life, I decided to make "Bento Box" lunches for all of us.  (I was also inundated with photos of Bento Boxes on Pinterest.)  This is Zoey's Bento with cut up egg, grapes, sugar snap peas and my version of Onigiri, basically rolled balls of rice but without the faces.  Since she's no sugar at this point, she got her own pack of Sky Flakes---the Filipino Cracker.  tee hee

The kids loved them...

For the older kids I made heart-shaped fried rice patties and "baby" boiled eggs with olive pieces for eyes.  The tutorial I watched used pre-boiled quail eggs, but since those weren't available at my local store, I went with good ol' chicken eggs.  The older kids also got strawberry-jelly Chinese pastries, which they didn't like.  I should have just given them the Filipino crackers...


Dylan's like, "Dude, I'm enjoying this."



No comments:

Post a Comment