Monday, May 7, 2012

Maine for Paul!

We worked hard and tirelessly this past weekend, to win 21/24 National Delegate seats, ALL the Alternate positions, the Presidential Electors and about 60% of the open state committee positions, on top of gaining the Convention Secretary and Chair positions.







My handsome husband identifies Ron Paul supporters while we wait in the half mile long line.

Charlie Webster told the GOP to show up at 8am to stop Ron Paul from taking over the convention.  We all showed up at 6:30am.  Thank God it wasn't raining.  The registration tables opened at 7:30.  Then Charlie didn't start the convention on time.

I have never had the to privilege to work with such a humble and cohesive team, and it was because of the unity we had that we were able to secure complete victory in the face of such drastic dilatory tactics used by the Romeny Campaign.  I have never been so proud of both my husband and my brother-in-law for the roles they played in assuring total victory instead of caving to the pressure of those in the Romney Campaign and the establishment to cut deals.






My Ron Paul folder.


So hours and hours into the convention, past the time to be finished, we were still in our District One Caucus.  They were setting up the special dinner below us.

The voting room, where I counted ballots.

Observers from the Romney and Ron Paul campaigns watch the process.

I finished counting Kennebec's ballots at 11pm.  My counting partner was Linda Gahagan, a Romney supporter.  (All Ron Paul delegates were paired with a Romney delegate.)  We worked well and quickly together.  Philip Roy asked us, as we handed the ballots to him, if there was any possible way we could stay to count a few more ballots.  When he raised his eyes to our faces, he shook his head sadly and said, "No, no there isn't."  And we wholeheartedly agreed.  My vision was getting blurry at that point, as it is now... more updates later!

No comments:

Post a Comment