Sunday, August 12, 2012

Baby's Birth, Part I

 Waiting for the baby to come...
41 weeks pregnant
At about 4pm our midwives and support team began to arrive at our house.  Labor was established, so birth was imminent.  We all presumed it would be happening within the next few hours, just as it had with Dylan and Zoey's births.

Olivia preps snacks for the labor support team.



With everyone here, we passed some time with a game of Scrabble.



It seemed like the game of Scrabble had slowed down and decreased the intensity of the rushes.  So I went for a walk.  Though they didn't get longer, they did get stronger.  Surely, things would happen soon.

Pausing for a wave to pass.

Everyone relaxes while the mommy takes a walk.

Stacee and Saveia practice reading.


When I get back, Patty rubs my feet and legs.  They are so tired.
As the time goes by, things get a little heavier.



 Now, things should be picking up.  Transition should hit at any moment...


1 comment:

  1. 1. Your house looks awesome!

    2. I swear, in that last picture, I can feel your pain.

    3. I don't like being left hanging.

    Thanks for this post. I enjoy hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete