Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mailboxes

So the kids love to give each other "mail."  They've been making their own versions of mailboxes out of paper repeatedly, which eventually get thrown out.  Then I saw an adorable mailbox for the back of someones kid's chair on Pinterest (my favorite website-Thanks Alex, I'm addicted.)  While the particular mailboxes from Pinterest were cute-ified by someone's mommy, I knew that my kids would prefer to design their own.

I went out and bought felt and fabric markers during one of JoAnn's weekly sales.  I left the crafting materials at home with Patty while I went away.  Here's what the kids wrought:

 Saveia designed a scene including two frogs and a bunch of seaweed. What's it called if it's not in the sea?  Lakeweed?  Pondweed?  Please Google that for me.
 Owen cutting footballs out of brown ribbon.

 Yea, that wall still has a sample swatch on it.  I'm not sure when that's going to get painted... But hopefully soon!

The boys' mailboxes (the two at the bottom) are rather austere in comparison to the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment