Friday, October 21, 2011

The Little Guy Arrives. Auntie Patty Dominates.

So, I have an announcement to make.  There's a new addition to our family.  He's so cute and small and lightweight and fast.  We call him the Little Guy, and I'm thrilled to have him.  I admit, I'm not sure how to handle him and I feel a little worried that I'm going to drop him or break him some how, but based on my experience, I think I can handle the joyous responsibility.

The only thing that overshadowed this awesome event is that Auntie Patty arrived!!!

We've been waiting all summer for Auntie Patty to get here.  Finally at the beginning of fall she showed up.  But since we just got the Little Guy, he dominated all of our immediate activities.  First, we went to Goodwill to get him something to wear when he goes out.  We found an old wool, men's large, J. Crew sweater vest that would be perfect for him!

So, if you haven't figured it out yet, we got a Macbook Air, and after checking out the price tags for covers, I decided I'd make one.  Too bad I forgot to take before pictures.  Here is the sweater vest after a washing:


Here is Patty, amazed at the perfection of the felted vest for the Little Guy.  It will fit so snugly!



Here is Patty after she got a ton of thread wound around the bobbin winder, rather than the bobbin.  We started working on some of her crafts too.  But we didn't get very far thanks to that mishap.
  

Fix it Patty!  Fix it!!!  But you know, at your leisure, 'cuz we're doing my project by hand and we don't need that sewing machine.


Patty pauses from unwinding that thread to check her email.  And she taught me to blanket stitch.


Tah-dah!  Homemade cover for the Little Guy.  :)

We also did another project over those two days, which I'll cover in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment